Staind Vocalist Aaron Lewis Hates America
But I do care about this: Aaron Lewis, vocalist for the always-abysmal Staind, sang the National Anthem before this weekend’s fifth game of the series, and he fucked-up the lyrics, and he fucked-up the lyrics, like, IMMEDIATELY: his error came in the second line, when the second half of the fourth line, “were so gallantly streaming,” instead of “at the twilight’s last gleaming.”
There are several things about this which are funny:
- Lewis has an American flag tattooed on his bicep, adorned with the phrase “Proudly Made in America” no less.
- Lewish has the phrase “Don’t Tread on Me” tattooed across his throat.
- Lewis’ version of the lyric, “What so proudly we hailed were so gallantly streaming,” doesn’t make much sense.
- Lewis didn’t swap the second half of lines two and four, he just discarded the second half of line two. Translation: he rhymed “were so gallantly streaming” with “were so gallantly streaming.”
- If some outspoken liberal musician, like Tom Morello or a member of The Dixie Chicks, had made this same error, Fox News would be on them like flies on shit. But because it was Mr. ‘Muhrica here, they won’t say a peep.
- Lewis’ apology statement, which works SO HARD to prove that he loves America:
“All I can say is I’m sorry and ask for the Nation’s forgiveness. My nerves got the best of me and I am completely torn up about what happened. America is the greatest country in the world. The Star-Spangled Banner means so much to so many, including myself. I hope everyone can understand the intensity of the situation and my true intent of this performance. I hope that the Nation, Major League Baseball and the many fans of our national pastime can forgive me.”
Have a good chuckle by watching video of the blessed event below.
[via Metal Insider]