Here’s Jared Dines’ Colossal New 18-String Guitar!
A new year, a new instrument with way too many strings!
Following the debacle that was last year’s 17-string guitar — which turned out to be a mass-produced Chinese model that an American luthier was passing off as his own — YouTuber Jared Dines has rung in 2018 with an 18-string instrument, per his yearly tradition.
That beastly but admittedly pretty cool looking thing you see above was manufactured by Ormsby Guitars, a reputable luthier that produced the instrument custom for Dines. The one of a kind instrument was unveiled this past Saturday at The NAMM Show in Anaheim, CA and has the following features:
- Intricate Jared Dines logo portrait and ‘1/0’ DJENT inlays made of exotic stones, woods, shells, plus glow in the dark material, set into an extra wide African ebony fretboard
- A select 2-piece Tasmanian Blackwood body and 9-piece Mahogany, Tasmanian Blackwood and Ebony neck, with 3 dual-action truss-rods and carbon reinforcements
- Genuine stone top and headstock cover with carbon fibre rear headstock reinforcement plate
- Hipshot USA hardware, including single saddles, locking tuners, and controls
- Custom Ormsby pickups designed to cover the wide range of frequencies this guitar was built to produce.
- Light up LED ‘Ormsby Guitars DJENT2018’ logo set into clear acrylic, suspended over the headstock void.
You can watch a video of the guitar unveiling at The NAMM Show right here, with more photos posted below.