The Faceless to Fans: “Don’t Let One 15 Second Video Mold Your Entire Opinion on Us.”
Earlier this week, a fan-filmed video of Michael Keene and The Faceless giving a subpar performance at Bay Area Death Fest started making the rounds. Last night (Thursday, June 14), in an act of what The PRP calls “damage control,” the band live-streamed some performance footage on Instagram, and with the stream came this message: “Don’t let one 15 second video mold your entire opinion on us.”
The request is a fair one. No band should be judged based on such a brief sample of their work, let alone one produced by an amateur without proper equipment.
Luckily, the band didn’t prohibit fans from judging them based on the fact that…
- They were reportedly 10+ hours late to the venue.
- They were supposed to play the album Planetary Duality in full, but as a result of their tardiness, they only got to play a handful of songs before their set was over.
- They didn’t even sell merch.
- “They” is Keene and some new guys; the latest iteration of the band quit on Keene en masse in March.
- That version of the band missed multiple tours and shows last year.
- That version of the band also lost a lot of equipment from their storage unit after Keene allegedly failed to pay the unit’s rent, leading to its contents being auctioned off.
- Keene allegedly accepted payment from fans (and from The Zenith Passage) for production work he never completed.
So we’ll ignore the fifteen-second video and judge them based on all of those facts instead.
Now would someone who knows Michael Keene please get him some help? Please?