This Week’s Top Stories: All Threatin, All the Time
Most Threatin-ing Week Ever Playlist — Week of November 12 – November 16, 2018
Once upon a time…
- There was a boy named Jered Eames. He had a death/black metal band called Saetith with his brother, Scott (Thy Antichrist, Nevalra), opened for some national acts, and was even in Abigail Williams for “about a week.”
- Saetith broke up, Jered and Scott had a falling out, and Jered moved to Los Angeles and changed his named to Jered Threatin.
- Jered created a fake record label, fake press outlet, fake award and fake web design company to promote his fake band, Threatin.
- Jered also hired a click farm to inflate his social media and YouTube numbers.
- Jered even tried to make a fake Wikipedia entry for Threatin, except that didn’t go so well.
- Still, Jered now had everything he needed to con venues and book a tour of Europe for his “band” (really hired musicians who had no idea what was going on and ultimately quit mid-tour). Except no one showed up.
- Shows were canceled.
- Jered Threatin claimed he did it all to teach the world a lesson about Fake News (or something like that).
- Corey Taylor and Metallica were concerned that Threatin may have pulled the spotlight away from them, but their fear was all for naught.
…and Jered never worked in the music business again.
Now let’s never speak of this again.