The St. Anger Snare Sound Explained, Trapt Singer Reportedly Broke, and More Stories You May Have Missed This Week
The MetalSucks Playlist — Week of July 18 – July 24, 2020
Did you miss some of this week’s top stories in the world of metal? Catch up below:
- Finally, the awful snare sound on St. Anger has been explained!
- Speaking of Metallica, here’s “One” with all the parts played on bass.
- Speaking of Metallica’s “One,” Gene Hoglan spoke about that song being “influenced” by Dark Angel.
- Trapt’s singer is broke and dodging payments to a music video director.
- Absu’s former guitarist has detailed being fired for being transgender.
- Here are simple ways to describe various metal genres to your non-metal friends.
- Here is video from Wisconsin’s “Herd Immunity Fest.”
- Here are the first week sales figures for Static-X’s new album, Project Regeneration, Vol. 1.
- Speaking of Static-X, convicted sex offender Tripp Eisen says he “didn’t target underage girls.”
- Finally, Matt Pike has explained why he never wears a shirt.
That’s all for now. We’ll check in periodically over the weekend as usual and be right back at it full-bore next week.