Ice Nine Kills Announce Their Own Horror Convention
It’s interesting that Ice Nine Kills are such a polarizing band, with a huge legion of fans who’d commit seppuku for them and a massive number of metalheads who seem furious any time they’re mentioned (us? We just think that frontman Spencer Charnas is missing a big opportunity by not writing horror musicals for Broadway). But now, the band have announced their own horror convention, which might bridge the gap between them and grumpy death metal dudes with Leatherface calf tattoos.
Ice Nine Kills’ new convention will be called Silver Scream Con, and will go down August 26th to August 28th at the Hilton Double Tree Boston North Shore in Danvers, Massachusetts.
- Skeet Ulrich (Scream, The Craft, Riverdale)
- Kane Hodder (Jason from Friday the 13th Part VII through Jason X, Hatchet)
- Nick Castle (the original Michael Myers from John Carpenter’s Halloween)
- James Jude Courtney (Michael Myers from Halloween 2018, Halloween Kills & Halloween Ends)
- Danielle Harris (Halloween IV and V, Hatchet, Rob Zombie’s’ Halloween I and II)
- Mawfuckin’ TWIZTID! Woot woot!
- And of course, Charnas himself.
Also included at the Con will be:
- Friday night “Scary-oke”
- An intimate Ice Nine Kills/Twiztid concert
- A screen-used memorabilia museum
- A horror-merch fleak market
And all sorts of other fun mishegas.
According to Charnas:
“The Silver Scream Con will bring horror fanatics and INK fans from all over the world together to celebrate their love of on- screen slaughter. This is the chance for our loyal psychos to not only interact with the band, but to meet the incredible stars of the very films that our music pays tribute to.”
You can get tickets via the festival’s web portal. Meanwhile, Ice Nine Kills will join Greta Van in opening for Metallica at the Highmark Stadium in Buffalo, New York, on August 11th, and PNC Park in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, on August 14th, so get tickets to see them then.