In Which We Defended Nu-Metal
Have you signed up for the MetalSucks email list? It’s the awesomest way to stay up-to-date on all things MetalSucks, and we promise not to spam you. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and on Twitter. You can also friend Axl and friend me, then follow Axl on Twitter and follow me on Twitter!
Get the latest MetalSucks updates via email. Subscribe below.
Here are this week’s top stories:
- Fart metal is the wave of the future.
- We got to hear new music from Job for a Cowboy (!), Bloodbath (!!), Machine Head (!!!), and At the Gates (!!!!!).
- Inspired by another MS thrasing of Korn, our new columnist, Angus Jung, actually defended nu-metal!
- Jason Newsted, from the band Newsted, quit all the social networks. President Obama has yet to comment.
- AC/DC announced their new album. Sadly, reports indicate that founding guitarist Malcolm Young is suffering from dementia.
- You thought you were a slob? Check out these photos of former KISS guitarist Vinnie Vincent’s recently-abandoned home.
- We checked out some isolated guitar tracks from Avenged Sevenfold.
- It looks as though Veil of Maya may need a new vocalist.
- A man of normal intelligence takes on Floridians in Cannibal Corpse’s horrifying new video.
- We spoke to Dave Lombardo (Philm, ex-Slayer) on The MetalSucks Podcast.
That’s it for us this week. Have a great weekend! See ya Monday!