Listen to This Gojira + Saosin Collaboration Track
Welcome to the seventh and final installment of our Drumception series in celebration of Toontrack Metal Month, where we challenge all guitarists to compose and perform a song to drum tracks written by Gojira’s Mario Duplantier!
Saosin guitarist Beau Burchell is the latest to lend his talents to Mario’s track. His contribution isn’t eligible for the contest, of course; just something fun to get your brain firing!
Here are some more versions of Mario’s track by A-list metal musicians for your inspiration:
- Jason Suecof of Capharnaum and Charred Walled of the Damned (with a guest solo from Marty Friedman)
- Wes Hauch of Black Crown Initiate
- Scott Carstairs of Fallujah
- Just McKinney of The Faceless and The Zenith Passage (with bass by Ryan “Bart” Williams if Necromancing the Stone / ex-The Black Dahlia Murder)
- Chris Broderick of Act of Defiance (ex-Megadeth, ex-Nevermore)
- Brody Uttley and Adam Biggs of Rivers of Nihil
The deadline to enter our contest has now passed! But if you’d like to download Mario’s drum track, record your own guitars over it, and fuck around with it anyway, you can do so right here. The drums were recorded using the new Rythme Sauvage MIDI pack, Mario’s recent Toontrack release of drum MIDI grooves for EZdrummer 2 and Superior Drummer 2.