TOP 12 REASONS WE LOVE MICHAEL ANGELO BATIO
- His refusal to acknowledge that it’s 2008.
- The reverse-mullet hairstyle (see #1).
- His Michael Jackson “Bad”-era clothes (see #1).
- The fact that the guitar player for perpetual laughing-stocks (but nevertheless awesome!) Nitro has defied all odds and managed to carve out a career for himself that’s still going 20 some-odd years later.
- The fact that he has five amplifiers on stage… for himself.
- The “over-under” technique (see the 3:25 mark).
- The double-neck (formerly quadruple-neck) guitar.
- The facial expressions and rock star poses.
- The fact that he’s still the sickest shredder both sides of the Miss’sipp.
- Everything about the guy.
Speed Lives 2, the DVD featuring Michael Angelo Batio’s live performance in Simi Valley, California on July 9 of this year, comes out today. You need it. Don’t front.