IN WHICH WE FOUND RYU RELATABLE
It occurred to me sometime this afternoon that Frankie Palmeri may very well read what I wrote about him earlier today, and decide the best course of action is to invite me onto his tour bus to settle our conflict through calm, intelligent discussion, only to sucker punch me when the bus door opens. Thus, I have come with a new rule for life: NEVER GO ONTO A TERRIBLE DEATHCORE BAND’S TOUR BUS. Seems simple enough!
While I contemplate Thanos Bison Reignz coming after me during a solar apocalypse, here’s a rundown of some of the fun shit we did this week:
- We broke the news of new System of a Down tour dates! I’m very proud of Vince for his investigative journalism skills on this one. He’s a regular Carl Bernstein, that one.
- We enjoyed another excellent tour blog from Eluveitie.
- We checked out the new release from Derek Roddy’s Serpents Rise.
- We wondered, “Is Hatebreed the best hardcore band of all time?”
- We whined about the Grammys.
- We made you a totally romantic Valentine’s Day mix.
- We learned the value of telling women we like metal up front.
- We discovered djentstep.
- We likened a Deftones concert riot to a Mad Max movie, ’cause we’re sensitive like that.
- Our friends at Decibel let you hear the previously unreleased Lamb of God tune “Hit the Wall.” Say “Thank you, Decibel.”
So, one last reminder: next week sees the release of Volume 2 of NYC Sucks, our totally free comp collecting awesome bands from the New York area. But if you’re a total sour puss and awesome free music does nothing for you, we’ll have some other fun shit, too. ‘Til then…