IN WHICH ONE OF US CAME BACK AND ONE OF US SPLIT
Yay, Vince is back! And guess what? Now it’s my turn to take a vacation! I haven’t had once since the summer of 2006, about six months before we started the site. So, yeah, I’m looking forward to getting away. Try not to miss me too much, m’kay?
And, oh yeah, it’s July 4 weekend, so we’re leaving early today and won’t be here Monday. That might be worth mentioning for non-American readers.
ANYWAY, here’s what we did this week:
- We debuted new music by Exhumed.
- Landphil from Municipal Waste and Cannabis Corpse pondered the CM Punk WWE Raw “shoot.”
- Our pals at Decibel spoke to the members of Cradle of Filth about about their album The Principle of Evil Made Flesh.
- We wondered why teenagers are still butthurt about Hot Topic in 2011.
- We celebrated the Stephen Colbert/Ted Nugent showdown.
- We checked out the first Portnoy-free Dream Theater song.
- We enjoyed some lulz at the expense of Staind and their record label.
- We bemoaned the fact that Behemoth’s Nergal is back on trial for tearin’ up a Bible.
- We celebrated the gloriousness that is the new Mastodon video.
- Best. “Show Us Your MetalSucks.” EVER.
And now it’s time to start partying. Lates.