GIVE US FREE: NERGAL ACQUITTED OF BLASPHEMY CHARGES FOR THE SECOND TIME
I can’t believe that this has been going on for as long as it has, but to review:
- Nergal tore up a Bible on-stage during a performance in his native Poland.
- A conservative Christian sect consequently took Nergal to court, ’cause insulting someone’s religion is actually illegal in Poland.
- Nergal was acquitted of all charges.
- The group appealed and took Nergal back to court.
- And now Nergal has been acquitted again.
And, hopefully, that’s finally the end of this nonsense. Metal Insider points out that the case could be appealed again, but if that happens, I say we invade Poland and take shit over. We’ve done more damage to a foreign country for lesser offenses, so why the fuck not? Everyone needs to get the fuck off of Nergal’s nuts so he can concentrate on important shit, like, y’know, getting one of the best bands in metal today back up and running.
I pray (joke intended) that we never have to write about this BS again, but I guess we’ll wait and see what happens.