WORST WEEK EVER: IN WHICH OUR NAME WAS RICK PERRY, AND WE APPROVED THIS MESSAGE
(from Unpopular Opinion Rick Perry)
Whew, what a week. I don’t know where you all are, but here in NYC it’s 5pm and it’s already been completely dark outside for a while. FML. Here’s what happened this week:
- Corey discovered that our “Best of 2011” lists weren’t as bad as you thought they were with fancy mathematicals to back it up.
- Axl and Vince live-chatted it up with y’all and fielded all your stupid questions… and a few good ones.
- We interviewed Giant Squid’s Aaron Gregory, Porcupine Tree’s Steven Wilson, and Nikki Sixx.
- We premiered new music by Lamb of God, Whores, Abysmal Dawn, and Nothnegal.
- We laughed at the BBC’s distorted view of metal culture not once but twice.
- We announced that we’re retiring some of our older t-shirt designs and that we’re having a fire-sale to get rid of them; get ’em while you still can!
- Vince pondered a new ranking system that could supercede Soundscan.
- We cracked jokes about another laughable Rolling Stone Top 100 lists of guitarists.
- We introduced Lazarus A.D.’s Jeff Paulick as our new NFL columnist; please direct your hatred of the Packers his way.