In Which We Contemplated a Counter-Protest
The MetalSucks Worst Week Ever Playlist: May 13 — May 17, 2013
Have you signed up for the MetalSucks email list? It’s the awesomest way to stay up-to-date on all things MetalSucks, and we promise not to spam you. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and on Twitter. You can also friend me and friend Vince, then follow me on Twitter and follow Vince on Twitter!
Get the latest MetalSucks updates via email. Subscribe below.
Now, this week’s top stories:
- Tim Lambesis was granted a new bail hearing. Meanwhile, As I Lay Dying officially dropped of their tour with Killswitch Engage, and will be replaced by Darkest Hour. And in the midst of all of this, we contemplated overzealous fans who blame Meggan Lambesis for this whole fucked-up situation, and God Forbid’s Doc Coyle contemplated being friends with someone who may have done something truly heinous.
- The Westboro Baptist Church announced plans to picket next week’s memorial celebration for Jeff Hanneman, and we made some suggestions for a counter-protest.
- Guitar World named “Blind” by Korn “The Greatest Seven String Guitar Song of All Time.”
- Chino Moreno revealed that the Deftones’ long lost final album with Chi Cheng, Eros, may finally be released.
- On the eve of Lamb of God’s first tour since his acquittal, Randy Blythe reminded fans to be safe out there.
- Chelsea Grin’s bassist solicited $2,300 from fans to pay for surgery for his puppy.
- We were shocked to learn that Tracii Guns’ new band is actually really good.
- Atreyu threatened to make a comeback.
- Layne Staley’s mother sued Alice in Chains for royalties.
- Kanye West’s “heavy metal sweatpants” are pretty much the ugliest thing we’ve ever seen, ever.
‘Til next week… live long, and prosper…