Neilstein Soundscam: Wear Those Norma Jeans Proud
Not much new blood on the chart this week, but a lot of movement via big debuts from Norma Jean, Revocation and Exhumed. More numbers at Metal Insider this week and every week!
1. ↑ Norma Jean / Peak: 1 / Last Week: 3 / Weeks On: 3
Everyone I talk to that went to Summer Slaughter comes back raving about Norma Jean’s frenetic live performance before mentioning any other band. They’ve been like that all these years, we all just collectively forgot how hard they rip! Stream Wrongdoers in full right here.
2. ↑ Revocation / Peak: 2 / Last Week: 7 / Weeks On: 4
Ridic fan engagement percentage! Sold first week number. The years of hard work and constant touring are finally paying off. Stream the new album here.
3. ↓ Black Sabbath / Peak: 2 / Last Week: 2 / Weeks On: 6
Album sales are still very strong. But: this.
4. ↓ Amon Amarth / Peak: 1 / Last Week: 3 / Weeks On: 8
Their FB Fan Engagement percentage is way down, but album sales are still strong and holy shit that YouTube number.
5. ↓ Chimaira / Peak: 4 / Last Week: 4 / Weeks On: 2
A 76% drop in week two is pretty hefty. Their current tour should help keep their profile high, though.
6. ↑ Exhumed / Peak: 6 / Last Week: 10 / Weeks On: 2
Great Facebook percentage. Solid sales for a band this extreme.
7. ↑ Avenged Sevenfold / Peak: 7 / Last Week: 8 / Weeks On: 4
Albums sold last week: 0 (Hail to the King, August 27)
Facebook Fan Engagement: 1.4% Fan Activity (14,356,009 likes · 202,002 talking about this)
YouTube: 3.51 million (“Hail to the King” official premiere)
8. ↓ Battlecross / Peak: 3 / Last Week: 5 / Weeks On: 4
Now that Mayhem is coming to a close their strong momentum is slipping a bit, but their upcoming tour with Death Angel, Revocation and 3 Inches of Blood should fix that right up.
9. ↓ Philip H. Anselmo and the Illegals / Peak: 5 / Last Week: 5 / Weeks On: 3
The tour is crushing.
10. Iwrestledabearonce / Peak: 10 / Last Week: n/a / Weeks On: 1
Not bad numbers at all (save the low FB percentage) but I kinda feel like this band’s time has passed?