In Which We Sent a Twerking Telegram
Have you signed up for the MetalSucks email list? It’s the awesomest way to stay up-to-date on all things MetalSucks, and we promise not to spam you. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and on Twitter. You can also friend Axl and friend me, then follow Axl on Twitter and follow me on Twitter!
Get the latest MetalSucks updates via email. Subscribe below.
Here are this week’s top stories:
- Slipknot’s Jim Root revealed that he was fired from Stone Sour via telephone; then Joey Jordison revealed he was fired from Slipknot via a singing telegram.
- Speaking of Slipknot: they’ve identified burning camel shit as “their scent.” Other bands subsequently announced their own lines of colognes and perfumes.
- Mastodon’s new video for “Motherlode” came under fire for allegedly being sexist. One of the dancers featured in the clip consequently came to its defense.
- Lady Gaga revealed which metal song is her favorite.
- Former In Flames guitarist Jesper Strömblad now says that he left the band due to their new musical direction, and not his struggle with alcoholism.
- These animated .GIF album covers are mesmerizing!
- No other performers takes on hecklers the way Mike Patton takes on hecklers.
- Brandon Butler explained why he left Veil of Maya.
- We enjoyed this video of Dimebag shredding at age eighteen, this video of Marty Friedman auditioning for Megadeth back in the day, and this video of Glenn Danzig being a real grump in 1995.
- We learned that it’s cool for rappers to wear Burzum shirts now.
- We discussed Devin Townsend’s Z2 and Porhub’s new record label on The MetalSucks Podcas