Wintersun Launch Crowdfunding Campaign
A mere two-and-a-half years after Jari Mäenpää took to Facebook to bitch that Nuclear Blast allegedly wouldn’t let him put together a crowdfunding campaign for the purpose of completing Wintersun’s Time II, the band has finally launched… a crowdfunding campaign for the purpose of completing a different Wintersun album, The Forest Seasons. Not that Time II ever came out or anything, but I guess we’re moving on.
Here’s a video announcing the campaign. To make it less irritating, I suggest you watch it while playing a drinking game:
- Do a shot every time Mäenpää says the word “resources”
- Do a shot every time Mäenpää gestures with his hands
- Do a shot every time someone throws their head back, as if screaming to the sky, for emphasis
- Do a shot every time someone stretches a word (e.g., “a-maz-ing“) for emphasis
- Do a shot every time someone mentions a “digital booklet”
After that, you’ll be completely hammered and therefore totally ready to donate.
All kidding aside, if you’re into this band, this is a lot of neat stuff for €50 (roughly $52), and it is certainly the greatest number of beautiful digital booklets included in a crowdfunding campaign to date. Get it here.