The Highest Grossing Tours of 2019 So Far Include Metallica, Kiss, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, and More
Pollstar has published their list of the 100 top grossing tours of 2019 thus far, and oh hey wouldn’t ya know it, a handful of metal bands made the cut.
- Highest up on the list is Metallica (gee no shit), coming in at #4 with $69.7 million.
- Kiss’ most recent farewell tour, meanwhile, clocked in at #7 with $58.1 million.
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra is just one spot below Kiss, #8, with $57.3 million.
- With $11 million, Disturbed came in at # 51.
- Aerosmith are #62 with $9.2 million.
- Shinedown made $8.1 million to come in #75.
- Def Leppard are #100 with $5.6 million.
Do you think the fact that Trans-Siberian Orchestra is within spitting distance of Kiss really ruffles Gene Simmons’ toupée? I like to imagine him being so upset he cries and ruins his make-up, but knowing that guy he probably takes his aggression out on some poor assistant or something.
You can read the entire list here.
P.S. Far too many of you are paying to go see Disturbed. Cut it the fuck out with that shit.