Metal Photographer Nathaniel Shannon x MetalSucks Benefit for Touring Crew; More Photos Added!
After a successful first round charity auction, Nathaniel Shannon and MetalSucks were able to raise close to $1k for ForTheNomads.org, an organization devoted to helping touring crew stay afloat while the pandemic leaves them out of work. For the Nomads has now raised over $30,000 so far and distributed its proceeds to 300 so-called nomads. The demand and desire to help during these crazy times was made apparently clear by you, the fans, and we want to thank you!
Because of the wonderful support we received, we are thrilled to announce our second round of prints, including some new exclusives, which are listed below!
No part of the music economy has escaped from the economic impacts of the coronavirus unscathed. From venues to record labels to booking agents to merchandisers to media to YouTubers — and, crucially, the bands we all love — everyone is feeling it right now, and there’s no end in sight.
To that end, MetalSucks has teamed up with veteran metal photographer Nathaniel Shannon for a special benefit auction to help touring crew who are currently out of work. This is for the tour managers, techs, drivers, lighting designers, sound engineers and Merch sellers that have provided us with incredible joy over the years by bringing us top-notch live shows!
Nathaniel has been shooting metal bands for nearly two decades, and he’s got the archive to prove it, with thousands of incredible shots from over the years. To that end, we have set up eBay auctions in which fans can bid on high-quality prints of Nathaniel’s photos, including live shots of:
- King Diamond
- The Black Dahlia Murder
- Type O Negative
- The Dillinger Escape Plan
- Faith No More
- At the Gates
- Every Time I Die
- Cult of Luna featuring Julie Christmas
- Corrosion of Conformity
- Eyehategod (last group photo with Joey, used for back cover of the self-titled record)
- Killing Joke
- Mac Sabbath
- Saint Vitus
- Cannibal Corpse
- Tony Iommi / Black Sabbath
You can see the entire list of available prints RIGHT HERE with a few samples posted below!
Once shipping, printing and listing costs have been taken out, 75% of the proceeds will be donated to For the Nomads, a charity launched in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic to help touring crew. The remaining 25% will go to Mr. Shannon, himself an out-of-work artist whose income has been gutted by the complete absence of live shows at which to conduct his usual business.