Eddie Van Halen Dies, Mastodon Go on Unemployment, and More Stories You May Have Missed This Week
The MetalSucks Playlist — Week of October 3 – October 9, 2020
Did you miss some of this week’s top stories in the world of metal? Catch up below:
- Eddie Van Halen lost his battle with cancer at the age of 65. For all coverage, including retrospectives and tributes, go here and work backwards.
- Mastodon’s Bill Kelliher revealed the band is now collecting unemployment.
- Here are 8 singers we believe could replace Burton Seabell in Fear Factory.
- We finally solved the mystery of whether or not Mitch Harris was involved in Napalm Death’s new album.
- One of the dudes who wanted to kidnap the governor of Michigan is a fan of bands like Hate Eternal, Periphery, and Nails.
- This is why you won’t find the new Sumac album on Spotify.
- Basically every band has now fired booking agent John Finberg.
- Metal musicians reacted to Donald Trump catching COVID-19.
- If Lady Gaga fronted Linkin Park, it would sound like this.
- Rob Zombie’s new album will arrive “very soon.”
That’s all for now. We’ll check in periodically over the weekend as usual and be right back at it full-bore next week.