The Most Expensive Rock Song to Use In a Movie, Kirk Hammett Gets Metallica’s Blessing, and More Top Stories of the Week
The MetalSucks Playlist – Week of April 24 to April 30
Were you so stoked to hear new fucking Darkane that you forgot about this week’s top stories? Happens to the best of us. Here’s what you missed:
- And the most expensive rock song to use in a movie is…
- Guitarist Kirk Hammett described getting Metallica’s blessing to go solo, saying, “Those guys know I ain’t fucking going anywhere.”
- Rapper-turned-pop-punker Machine Gun Kelly is returning to rap music, thank fuck.
- Animals As Leaders guitarist Tosin Abasi easily spotted a first-time bassist on the rock contest show No Cover.
- Rock icon Mick Jagger believes that Machine Gun Kelly and Yungblud “make [him] think there’s still a bit of life in rock and roll.”
- Ho boy: Fripp and Toyah covered The Wo’s “Won’t Get Fooled Again.”
- The new whiskey by Metallica is called ‘Rye the Lightning,’ which is clever until you realize they played it the album Ride the Lightning.
- Here’s part one of our complete history of Roadrunner Records.
- Sorry, guys, Mike Shinoda has made it very clear that Linkin Park has nothing down the line, saying, “Don’t start the hype train.”
- The infamous Brass Against found a ‘No Pee Zone’ sign taped to the stage at their first tour date with Tool.
That’s what we got. We’ll keep you updated on anything big that happens this weekend, and will otherwise see you again on Monday.