IN WHICH WE WERE GRATEFUL THAT TIMES SQUARE DIDN’T EXPLODE
A few hours ago authorities evacuated Times Square for the second time in a week after someone found a “suspicious cooler” on the street. Of course, everyone was just being overly cautious, but as long as it doesn’t infringe on my civil rights, there’s nothing necessarily wrong with that. I think Vince was in Michigan when 9/11 went down, but I was here, and if I never see another tank rolling down my street again or run all over the city because there’s no cell service and I need to make sure that all of my friends and family are still alive, well, I’ll be good.
While I nurse my PTSD, here are some happier, metalier things that happened this week:
- We’re streaming Keep of Kalessin’s new album, Reptilian. We also debuted new music by Lamb of God and The Funeral Pyre.
- We also also also debuted new videos by Soulfly and Cancer Bats.
- We also also also also debuted our new cooking show, Cooking Contaminated.
- Cynic’s Paul Masvidal discussed the shape of silence, Periphery’s Bulb taught you how to get that “big” studio tone, As I Lay Dying’s Nick Hipa had some questions about L O S T, Matt from Rumpelstiltskin Grinder fondly recalled Maryland Deathfest, and Batillus bassist Willi Stabenau gave us a studio update.
- We talked to Darkest Hour’s Mike Schleibaum, Reign Supreme’s Jay Pepito, Jackyl’s Jesse James Dupree, and unveiled part one of our massive two-part interview with Buzz Osborne.
- We checked out the latest release by The Howling Wind.
- Does the fact that Mike Portnoy is touring with Avenged Sevenfold make you wanna see ’em?
- We don’t want Joey Belladonna to return to Anthrax. Seriously.
- Sergeant D. wants to know if u mosh 4 Christ???
- Damnocracy’s Evan Seinfeld and his porno Howdy Doody also do bar mitzvahs.
- We wish there was really such a thing as a Slayer burrito.
Next week brings even more betterer br00tal goodness – interviews, debuts, guest blogs, all that shit. It’s gonna get real up in this bitch. See ya then.