IN WHICH WE REMINDED YOU THAT GARY SUAREZ IS DJING TONIGHT’S HEAVY METAL HAPPY HOUR
That’s right! One of MetalSucks’ most controversial voices — which is really saying something — is gonna be the DJ at tonight’s Heavy Metal Happy Hour at Arrow Bar (85 Avenue A). There are 2-for-1 drinks from 6:00PM until 9:00PM, so if you’ve ever wanted to get drunk and ask Gary “ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS OR WHAT?!?!” in person, here’s your chance!
Now the week’s highlights:
- We debuted new music by The Absence and Vanisher.
- We spoke to Accept’s Wolf Hoffmann and Sebastian Bach (but not really with that last one).
- We checked out new releases by Filter, Neurosis, and The Last Felony.
- Vince contemplated a Mike Portnoy-less Dream Theater.
- Sergeant D. contemplated the new Escape the Fate song…
- …while we couldn’t even pay attention during the new Oceano song.
- We considered bidding on the best band name in the world.
- As it turns out, Wormrot are really good live, too.
- Neil Young and Burzum are collaborating on a new album?!?
- Wanna see a fat man eat seven cans of ravioli in time to a Fuckshovel song? OF COURSE YOU DO!!!
As Eyal promised yesterday, next week will see the full-on return of “Jumping Darkness Parade.” Plus we’ll have more contest, more video and track debuts, more interviews, more everything. Be there or be ᄆ.