WINDS OF PLAGUE “CALIFORNIA” VIDEO = YOU. ARE. F*CKING. MOSHING!!!
ATTN MOSHBROS, GTFIH
I’ve been waiting for this video to drop for weeks, because this track is easily my favorite hardcore song in years. Featuring guest vocals by Martin Stewart of Terror/Donnybrook, it’s pretty much the best song Madball never wrote. Actually, it’s even better, because most Madball songs are about New York, which is a hipster-filled shithole, and this song is about the best place on earth: SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA!
- Stoked to see this video falls into the “chilling with your bros and not giving a fuck” category, ala Upon A Burning Body and Xibalba.
- Lyrics are mostly about how tough LA is, although the video is shot at Venice Beach and Chain Reaction — not really the most intimidating locations. It would actually be way more scary to shoot it around Century Media’s headquarters in Hawthorne, which can be fairly terrifying.
- Guitarist plays a Telecaster… LOLWUT
- Johnny is rocking an LA patch on his vest, although he is from Upland and lives in Anaheim, neither of which are in LA county. I wish they would rep the 909 — it would be sweet if they shot part of this in the parking lot of Ontario Mills, or had some footage of them chilling at Salsita’s down the street in Rancho.
- Mirin the footage of Johnny doing dips and pullups on Venice Beach AKA Muscle Beach — very alpha for bodyweight exercises.
- Some of you might laugh about the parking meter shot at 2:14, but when it comes to parking enforcement on the West side of LA, they’re not playing!! Check out this bish from KTLA getting a ticket on live TV if you don’t believe me.
- Glad to see lots of flat brim New Era hats in this video, but I can’t lie, I’m bummed that Johnny ditched his puffy vest for a “beta vest,” AKA a denim vest with patches on it like metal nerds wear :(
Don’t sleep on AGAINST THE WORLD, click here to cop that shit on iTunes!!!
WINDS OF PLAGUE, MOST HATED FROM DAY ONE
No matter where he goes, no matter where he stays, Sergeant D. always comes back — Stuff You Will Hate!