IN WHICH WE DESCENDED INTO KHAOS
I meant to remind you guys yesterday but I’m a dick so I forgot — Arch Enemy’s North American Khaos Tour, which we here at MetalSucks are very proudly co-presenting, is now underway! I’ve been trying to find fan-filmed footage from last night’s kickoff show in Baltimore to no avail, but I hear the concert was great… which is really no shock. Especially given that the three support bands — DevilDriver, Skeletonwitch, and Chthonic — are all as much fun as Arch Enemy! You can get dates here. If anyone is gonna be at the NYC show tonight, come find us. I’ll be the really, really not-sober guy in the back screaming for them to play “Savage Messiah” over and over again.
Now, here’s some stuff we did this week:
- We debuted new music from Black Cobra.
- We also debuted an outtake from the movie Hesher and a clip from Fantomas’ new live DVD.
- We spoke to Charlie Benante from Anthrax and Avi Kulawy from Magrudergrind.
- We checked out the latest releases from Brutal Truth, Wolves in the Throne Room,and Bloodsoaked.
- We debated the merits of new songs from Mastodon, Opeth, and Megadeth.
- We launched The Third Annual “Run MetalSucks for a Day” contest.
- Vince listed “The Top Fifteen Reasons Metallica are the Yankees of Metal,” and then The Austerity Program’s Justin Foley offered a retort.
- We fucked Bret Michaels in the motherfucking eye.
- We voted for Sergeant D.’s acoustic cover of The Acacia Strain.
- We almost had to kill a puppy.
And, oh hey, did we mention that tickets for The Metal Suckfest are on sale now? We did? Okay, swell!
Have a good weekend, y’all. See ya Monday.