Dude Builds Guitar From His Dead Uncle’s Skeleton, Zakk Wylde Wouldn’t Be Part of a Pantera Reunion, and More Stories You May Have Missed This Week
The MetalSucks Playlist — Week of February 6 – February 12, 2021
Did you miss some of this week’s top stories in the world of metal? Catch up below:
- This dude made a guitar out of his dead uncle’s skeleton.
- Rex Brown “guarantees” that Zakk Wylde wouldn’t be part of a Pantera reunion.
- Black Sabbath’s Tony Iommi believes that King Crimson guitarist Robert Fripp and his wife have “gone mad.”
- Accusations against Marilyn Manson continue to pile up — but is it helping his sales and streaming numbers?
- Watch Beavis and Butt-Head in the Paramount+ Super Bowl ads.
- Speaking of the Super Bowl: after his victory, Tom Brady rocked out to P.O.D.
- Watch Metallica’s Robert Trujillo and Primus’ Les Claypool have a bass-off.
- Speaking of Metallica: they have taken all five of the top spots on the U.S. best selling vinyl chart.
- Intronaut, the self-proclaimed “35th Best Metal Band to Ever Exist,” have begun on their new album.
- Drummer Ben Koller has teased a “huge” Converge tour for 2022.
That’s all for now. We’ll check in periodically over the weekend as usual and be right back at it full-bore next week.