Taylor Hawkins, The Number of the Beast, and More Top Stories of the Week
The MetalSucks Playlist – Week of March 20 to March 27
This week obviously ended with a considerable tragedy, so we’re running this a day late, and it might be a little more solemn than our usual round-up. Here are this week’s top stories.
- Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins died. He was 50 years old.
- Viral drummer Nandi Bushell paid tribute to Taylor, saying, “Thank you for looking after me.”
- Here’s video of Taylor Hawkins playing “Everlong” with Foo Fighters at what would be his final show.
- We reviewed the Foo Fighters’ new metal album by their fictional band Dream Widow. It rules.
- Staind frontman Aaron Lewis said, “Maybe we should listen to what Vladimir Putin is saying.”
- You voted for your favorite track on Iron Maiden’s The Number of the Beast for its 40th anniversary. Then we posted the ranking.
- Snot’s Mikey Doling called out Limp Bizkit’s Fred Durst for bringing a rapper named $not on tour.
- Here are 10 artists who share their names with existing bands.
- Rob Zombie had a burger special dedicated to him on Bob’s Burgers.
- Here are 11 metal artists we rip on mercilessly but will always love.
We’ll keep an eye on the ticker today, and otherwise see you tomorrow morning.