Ted Nugent On Taylor Hawkins, the 2022 Bullsh*t Metal Grammy, and More Top Stories of the Week
The MetalSucks Playlist – Week of April 3 to April 9
Yo, what the fuck happened this week? Do YOU remember the top stories in the metal world? Oh God, my head. Okay, wait, hold on, here we go…
- Ted Nugent said of late Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins, “I am casting judgment, because substance abuse is selfish.”
- He later explained that he was showing “great compassion” towards Hawkins family, and that outraged fans were really the problem.
- Fripp and Toyah covered Red Hot Chili Peppers’ “Can’t Stop.”
- Here’s who won the bullshit 2022 metal Grammy.
- Rob Zombie snuck a shot of Lily Munster into his birthday tribute to producer Zeuss.
- Sum 41’s Deryck Whibley was asked if he’d ever consider filling in for Chester Bennington in Linkin Park. He said, “Those are impossible shoes to fill.”
- Here are 13 bands whose best album isn’t their most popular.
- Lamb of God’s Randy Blythe would return to the Czech Republic, but only with the blessing of the family of the deceased fan whose death he was tried for.
- Chris Jericho has admitted to using backing tracks live, saying, “Everybody does it…it doesn’t make you any less of a band.”
- Parkway Drive canceled their North American tour to deal with “the toil [the band] is taking on ourselves and our friendships.”
That’s it. We gotta go yarp in the backyard. More later in the weekend, and the real bulk on Monday.