Ghost Cut Hellfest Set Short, Jen Majura Recalls Getting Fired From Evanescence, and More Top Stories of the Week
The MetalSucks Playlist – This Week’s Top Tracks, from June 19 to June 25
Were you so busy celebrating Rhombus’ birthday that you forgot to keep up with metal news? No worries, here’s what you missed:
- Last weekend, Ghost cut their Hellfest set short after Tobias Forge lost his voice.
- Guitarist Jen Majura recalled the moment she got fired from Evanescence.
- Apparently, Tommy Lee’s heart is broken, “along with the ribs.”
- In classic fashion, Staind’s Aaron Lewis thinks that “every teacher that has taught a child anything to do with sexual orientation should be in jail.”
- Wow, Lorna Shore’s new single is heavy as fuck.
- They erected a giant statue of Lemmy at Hellfest, and it rules.
- Right now, Alice Cooper is okay with rock not dominating the charts, because it means we’re “back to the point of being rebels.”
- In the worst beef ever, Liquid Death roasted Nuclear Blast Records for ripping off their logo, and then apologized when their fans and followers attacked the artists who designed NB’s logo.
- Yesterday, we focused on covering the underground bands picked by you.
- Man, it looks like Spiritbox’s Courtney LaPlante really messed up her ankle.
That’s all we got. We’ll update intermittently throughout the weekend, then come back full bore on Monday.