In Which We Looked Back at the Top Stories of 2013
This week’s playlist is loaded up with music pertaining to the top stories of 2013. Enjoy.
Have you signed up for the MetalSucks email list? It’s the awesomest way to stay up-to-date on all things MetalSucks, and we promise not to spam you. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and on Twitter. You can also friend me and friend Vince, then follow me on Twitter and follow Vince on Twitter!
Get the latest MetalSucks updates via email. Subscribe below.
This is MetalSucks’ last day of regular posting in 2013! For the remainder of the year, we’ll only be reporting on stories of the utmost importance… you’re on your own for silly YouTube videos and shit like that.
We’ll be back to our regular full-time posting schedule on Thursday, January 2. To tide you over ’til then, why don’t we take a stroll down memory lane and look at some of the top stories of 2013?
- Legendary Slayer guitarist Jeff Hanneman passed away. Metal will never be the same again. And as if that wasn’t bad enough, Dave Lombardo was ousted from the group, too.
- Eyehategod drummer Joey LaCaze also tragically passed away.
- And to top it all off, Lemmy had health problems out the wazoo.
- Lamb of God’s Randy Blythe was acquitted of manslaughter charges in the Czech Republic!
- As I Lay Dying’s Tim Lambesis currently awaits trial for allegedly attempting to hire a hitman (actually an undercover cop) to murder his estranged wife.
- Blake Judd was also arrested; upon his release on bail, he disbanded Nachtmystium.
- Metallica made a 3D movie called Through the Never! Unfortunately, it tanked at the box office.
- Carcass and Gorguts both released their first new albums in FOR-EV-ER, and they were both awesome!
- Meanwhile, Megadeth made one of the worst albums of their career.
- Speaking of total assholes: For Today’s guitarist, Mike Reynolds, left the band after he publicly asserted that homosexuality is a sin.
- The age of crowdfunding has begun! Sometimes, it was a really successful endeavor! Other times, not so much.
- Slipknot parted ways with founding drummer Joey Jordison.
- Eddie Hermida left All Shall Perish and joined Suicide Silence.
Well, gang, on behalf of everyone at MetalSucks, let me just say thank you for helping us achieve our biggest and suckiest year yet. We already have big plans to blow the fuckin’ roof off in 2014. ‘Til then… enjoy your eggnog!