Ted Nugent Thinks He’s MLK, Dave Mustaine’s Rising Cameo Fees, and More Stories You May Have Missed This Week
The MetalSucks Playlist — Week of July 3 – July 9, 2021
Did you miss some of this week’s top stories in the world of metal? Catch up below:
- Ted Nugent claims he’s done more for Black artists than anyone else ever.
- Watch a half-naked guitarist get arrested for rocking out in his driveway.
- Megadeth’s Dave Mustaine has raised his Cameo fee four times in one week.
- Guitarist Parker Lundgren quït Queensrÿche.
- Corey Taylor and Clown say that the members of Slipknot all hated one another when they were making Iowa.
- Speaking of Slipknot, people love this Slipknot x Gloria Gaynor mash-up.
- We watched the Chris Holmes documentary so you don’t have to.
- A woman in New Zealand has named her child Metallica, Pantera, and Slayer.
- Anthrax looked back on their post-9/11 controversy and working with John Carpenter on the movie Ghosts of Mars.
- King Crimson’s Robert Fripp and Toyah Willcox covered System of a Down’s “Chop Suey!”.
That’s all for now. We’ll check in periodically over the weekend as usual and be right back at it full-bore next week.