Kingdom Come and Mötley Crüe Botch Live Sets, 10-Year-Old Slays Spiritbox Cover, and More Top Stories of the Week
The MetalSucks Playlist – This Week’s Top Tracks, from June 12 to June 18
Why did this week feel so long? Seriously, it felt like someone was just kicked me in the head over and over. Anyway, here are the top stories you might have missed:
- German hard rockers Kingdom Come totally botched their Sweden Rock Festival set.
- Meanwhile, Tommy Lee was replaced five songs in and Vince Neil struggled to sing during Mötley Crüe’s first set of their long-awaited stadium tour.
- A 10-year-old growled a Spiritbox cover on America’s Got Talent, and she was so good that the band invited her onstage in London.
- On Sunday, Fripp and Toyah covered Rage Against The Machine’s “Killing In The Name.”
- Here’s Metal Blade Records in 40 songs, one for each year they’ve existed.
- In a new interview, former Death drummer Kam Lee admits that Chuck Schuldiner ripped off Possessed.
- On Reddit, Alestorm were accused of responding callously to a Palestinian fan urging them to cancel their Tel Aviv gig, allegedly telling him, “Come and drink RUM.”
- During their Download set, Steel Panther’s sign language interpreter went so far as to do gestures for “suck my ass” and ejaculation.
- In his downtime, Arch Enemy’s Michael Amott just “listen[s] to fucking thrash metal on vinyl and plays guitar.”
- Here are 10 threats to metal rated by how worried we should actually be about them.
That’s what happened. We’ll update intermittently throughout the weekend, and then I’m taking Monday off for Juneteenth, but we’ll be back in full force on Tuesday.
Sponsored Links from Across the Internet