IN WHICH WE DEBUTED AT #2 ON SOUNDSCAN
It snowed 8 inches in NYC on Monday, but we got back from the Scion Rock Fest in Atlanta just in time to deliver you our usual drudge report. Can you imagine if we’d been stranded? No MetalSucks for two days. What would you have done? Contemplate these noteworthy events of the week as you get ready to enjoy your weekend (65 degrees Sunday in NYC!):
- Mastodon release early contender for best metal video of ’09.
- Watchmen got metal… or not.
- We spoke with NEMHF founder Scott Lee.
- Lamb of God and God Forbid make strong Soundscan debuts.
- We looked at new releases from Hatesphere, Wolves in the Throne Room, Abacabb, Centaurus-A and General Surgery.
- Chimaira released a new single and a super-duper-deluxe pre-order.
- We waxed ecstatic about the weed in Atlanta… oh yeah, and some bands played at the Scion Rock Fest too.
- Doc Coyle struck back at the Internet.
- MetalSucks got nominated for a Metal Hammer “Web of Death” Award!