IN WHICH WE CHOSE TO ILLEGALLY PIRATE OUR OWN ARTICLES
Actually, we don’t have to pirate our own articles. Plenty of other websites do that for us, often without giving us credit or linking back to us. Once upon a time someone even accidentally included one of our bylines in their cut and paste job. Said “writer” apologized but then went on to shamelessly rip us off many more times, which was nice, because it shows his apology was sincere. You know who else tried to pass off someone else’s work as their own? The guy who went on to shoot Dimebag. So good company you keep, fellas.
Here are other ethically questionable decisions people made in the metal world this week:
- Hasidim moshed, we made punny jokes.
- Matt Heafy and Paolo Gregoletto of Trivium asked fans to illegally burn and share the band’s music.
- We’re streaming God Dethroned’s entire new album until Tuesday; listen now! We also debuted new tracks from Animals as Leaders and Burning Human.
- Arch Enemy choose to re-record old material; we choose to stop talking about this project from hereon out (starting… now!).
- Tyson vs. Holyfield 3 Underoath vs. Avenged Sevenfold! We love this kind of shit.
- Some Russian high school black metallers headbanged for show and tell, and we pondered how to improve our corpsepaint skillz.
- The Dillinger Escape Plan’s Greg Puciato sounded off against President Barack Obama. You sounded off against each other.
- We looked at new releases from Chimaira, God Dethroned and Goes Cube.
Next week brings more contests, more interviews, more new music streams you won’t be able to hear anywhere else, and at least one confrontation with a singer Axl once gave a terrible review. Come back and read more. You know you want to.
-Vince and Axl