Tom Morello Schools a Clueless Fan on Twitter, Fans Roast in Flames Re-Recording, and More Stories You May Have Missed This Week
The MetalSucks Playlist — Week of June 6 – June 12, 2020
Did you miss some of this week’s top stories in the world of metal? Catch up below:
- Former Of Mice & Men frontman Austin Carlile has been accused of sexual assault. Victims also say that Alternative Press buried a story about the allegations.
- After being let go from The Ghost Inside for having used a racial slur, The Ghost Inside’s Jim Riley defended his accuser, Bracewar’s Rashod Jackson.
- Winds of Plague dressed in blackface while playing a 2005 Halloween show.
- Video of Mötley Crüe’s Nikki Sixx using a racial slur in 1997 re-emerged.
- Bad Wolves frontman Tommy Vext came under fire following a controversial video about Black Lives Matter. His bandmate, guitarist Doc Coyle, issued his own statement on the matter.
- System of a Down’s John Dolmayan called the movement to defund the police “the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard.”
- Tom Morello schooled this poor dude who just figured out that Rage Against the Machine are a political band.
- In Flames re-recorded “Clayman,” and the Internet was, er, not on board.
- Spirit Machines made a mash-up of Led Zeppelin and Tool, and Tool approves.
- Listen to a fake Metallica song written by artificial intelligence.
That’s all for now. We’ll check in periodically over the weekend as usual and be right back at it full-bore next week.