Embarrassing Albums Everyone Owned, Foo Fighters’ Killer Thrash Song, and More Top Stories of the Week
The MetalSucks Playlist — Week of February 12 – February 18, 2022
Were you too hung over this week to keep up with all the top stories in the world of metal? We got you covered:
- Here are 12 embarrassing albums that everyone owned back in the day.
- Fripp and Toyah covered Dead Kennedys’ “Too Drunk to Fuck.”
- The Foo Fighters released a death-thrash song, and it actually slays.
- Here’s a video of a music teacher using Slipknot’s “Wait and Bleed” to teach meter and help a metalhead student come out of his shell.
- Corpsegrinder told Chris Barnes he thought the death metal scene was doing just fine, thanks.
- K. K. Downing gave a lengthy statement on “what the world doesn’t know” about his departure from Judas Priest.
- Liquid Death water had a Super Bowl commercial with a cover of “Breaking the Law.”
- Legendary KISS and Iron Maiden bodyguard “Big” John Harte died. He was 70 years old.
- Mike Portnoy said that Pantera, Machine Head, and Sepultura were “the only thing going for metal” in the ’90s.
- Testament’s Alex Skolnick implied that former Testament drummer Gene Hoglan was a mega-hung ultra-stud. Not really.
That’s all we got. We’ll check in periodically over the weekend as usual and be right back at it full-bore next week.