IN WHICH WE WHIPPED OUT OUR BRASS KNUCKLES
Eatsa! Last night Axl and I let our Worst Week Ever duties fall to the wayside in favor of drinking ourselves silly and gorging ourselves at the annual San Gennaro festival in Little Italy. The menu for me: Mozzarepa, a giant rice ball (with meat and peas), part of a Brociola, a hot Italian sausage and half a dozen raw clams. Most metal moment: the old Neapolitan guido who sold me the sausage making fun of me for eating a Sicilian rice ball, and then calling all Sicilian men gay. Only in New York.
Oh, what’s that, this is a metal website? Events of the past week:
- We spoke with Living Colour’s Vernon Reid, Protest the Hero’s Tim Millar, and Thrice drummer Riley Breckenridge.
- The Great Katt was the completely fucknuts Courtney Love of her generation.
- We pontificated on the “differences” between Wigger Slam and Deathcore.
- Between the Buried and Me released a new track for free streaming, and another one leaked.
- The Super Mario Bros. got metal.
- Poison the Well had all of their earthly possessions stolen.
- Rammstein got completely pornographic with their new video, cum shot and all.
- The Big Four Tour might actually happen.
- We streamed exclusive new tracks by The Destro and Revocation.
- Emmure and The Acacia Strain got to blows.
Have a good one… see ya Monday.