Dr. Ted Nugent Cracks the Coronavirus Conspiracy Theory Wide Open, 10 Famous Metal Bands That Hired Total Unknowns, and More Stories You May Have Missed This Week
The MetalSucks Playlist — Week of March 29 – April 2, 2021
Did you miss some of this week’s top stories in the world of metal? Catch up below:
- Mensa president Ted Nugent wonders why “COVID-1 through -18 didn’t shut anything down.”
- Here are ten examples of famous metal bands that replaced a member with a complete unknown.
- Former Sabaton guitarist Rikard Sundén was convicted of molesting an 8-year-old girl and child pornography possession.
- Lamb of God’s Mark Morton discussed the Big 4 of early-2000s metal.
- Chevelle’s drummer explained how the band has made no money from the six million albums they’ve sold.
- Fear Factory debuted a siqq riff and hinted that they’ve hired a new singer.
- The director of Metallica’s Some Kind of Monster says the band almost made them cut all the interesting stuff out of the movie.
- In honor of Godzilla vs. Kong, here are 9 kaiju-inspired metal bands.
- Mike Patton asserts that “Every guy in every band that I’ve played in is better than me.”
- King Crimosn’s Robert Fripp and his wife, Toyah Wilcox, covered Iron Maiden’s “Number of the Beast.”
That’s all for now. We’ll check in periodically over the weekend as usual and be right back at it full-bore next week.