Slayer Retire, Knotfest Riots, and More Stories You May Have Missed This Week
The MetalSucks Playlist — Week of December 2 – December 6, 2019
Did you miss some of this week’s top stories in the world of metal? Catch up below:
- The staff of MetalSucks unveiled our respective lists of the year’s best albums! You can vote for your favorite metal release of 2019 in our readers’ poll.
- Can’t remember what what came out this year? Here is a list of every metal album released in 2019.
- Watch Slayer play their final song ever, take bows, and wave farewell.
- But are Slayer really dunzo? Fans doubt it, but Kerry King’s wife swears it’s true, and Gary Holt seems to think it’s for real as well.
- On the subject of un-retiring: a summer stadium tour with Mötley Crüe, Def Leppard, Poison, and Joan Jett has been officially announced.
- Slipknot and Evanescence had to cancel performances at Knotfest Mexico after fans rioted and destroyed Evanescence’s gear. Read statements on the matter from members of both Slipknot and Evanescence.
- Speaking of Slipknot: does this video confirm the identity of the band’s new percussionist, “Tortilla Man”?
- Destruction thinks Metallica suck now because they’re rich.
- After the world learned that Billie Eilish doesn’t know who Van Halen are, Wolfgang Van Halen defended her.
- Mayhem Fest will return in 2020… but in what form?
See ya next week, everyone.